Thursday 29 August 2013

Pedometer UI Testing

The last week of August did indeed turn out to be the most productive for me throughout my time working on this project at CDOT. So far, I have managed to sit down with fellow team member Carl Desautels and revise and elaborate on the comments that pertain to the logic behind medicaldeviceplugin.js and have those changes pushed up to my branch on BitBucket. With the exception of a relatively simple quirk that I am awaiting an answer on, the changes are ready to be merged into the main repository. I'm hoping that this is but one of many steps that will be taken in the future that will provide new team members that will need to familiarize themselves with the API will have a less daunting experience when initially tackling the code.

The most important (and also the most fun) task that was being worked on this week was testing Edward Hanna's Pedometer UI which involved a few hours of walking, jumping, and shaking my phone randomly at times in order to quantify the battery performance of the build in its current state. Unfortunately, I was only able to test it on one device (my HTC smartphone) and due to a lack of android-capable devices around the workplace, it will have to remain as such until further notice. I found a wonderful open-license template online that I have used to document the test cases and it can be found and immediately downloaded here.

My biggest challenges so far when attending to this project have been the steep learning curve of facing the API, most obviously due to it being written in two languages that I have yet to familiarize and master, as well the ability to wrap my head around the design philosophies that were implemented into the logic itself, including the handful of object oriented design patterns and their integral role in the process of piecing together the software architecture.

All in all, it's been a wonderful and thought provoking journey thus far. Here's to everyone's success on this project and every other wonderful project being worked on at CDOT!


en → fr
heure
noun: temps, moment, fois, heure, époque, saison, rendez-vous
verb: chronométrer, calculer, prévoir
en → fr
dernier
verb: durer, persister, fixer, supporter
adjective: dernier
noun: dernier, forme

No comments:

Post a Comment