Monday 29 July 2013

Hordes of Inquiries, Pt. 1

Today I've made friends with MDN (the Mozilla Developer Network) and their JavaScript resources - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript

It's a wonderful place for looking up both syntax and concepts since it gives easily understandable examples and is written concisely and effectively for the most part.

As recommended by CDOT contributors Kieran Sedgwick and fellow team member Carl Desautels, the 5 central concepts that I will be wrapping my head around in the coming weeks will include:

- Objects and Prototypes
- Callbacks
- Closures
- Scope
- Initialization

Node.js also needs to be added to this list in and the resources I found for so far are http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/javascript-ajax/this-time-youll-learn-node-js/ and Node.js's API documentation at http://nodejs.org/api

The role of these central aspects of the language play an integral part in the implementation (and in turn, my comprehension) of the logic behind the project, at the very least on the front end of things. As stated earlier, Java will soon have to come into play. Any other relevant libraries and extensions to either of these languages that might be discovered will be noted and appended to this blog as soon as I find out what they are.  

I've also learned that the class design diagram was done using UML conventions and the verb 'realizes' in this context means 'implements'.

I intend on adding to my repository branch a few initial commits of comment injections into the medicalDevicePlugin.js by the end of the week to be reviewed and green lit by the rest of the team. 

'Til then, here's a picture that abstractly represents the way the API looks like right now:


No comments:

Post a Comment